Cleaning the home where the need for this is identified within the service user’s personal care plan. This may include: vacuuming, sweeping, washing up, polishing, cleaning floors and windows, bathrooms, kitchens, toilets etc. using appropriate domestic equipment and appliances:
- Tidying the home;
- Making the bed and changing the bed linen
- Lighting fires, boilers etc.
- Disposing of household and personal rubbish;
- Cleaning areas used or fouled by pets; arranging their feeding, exercising and grooming;
- Assisting with the household emergencies including liaison with local contractors
- Assisting the service user with food or drink preparation;
- Shopping, collection pensions, benefits or prescriptions, paying bills, or other simple errands.